Well, we're on to our last month here, and honestly I would say it's a bitter-sweet deal. I'm ready to come home and see my wonderful family and amazing friends, but we're just starting to develop good relationships with people here. It takes time to build relationships, and it's just now beginning to take off. So, it will be sad to say goodbye and have to continue these new friendships online, but God is good and has blessed me by putting these people in my life for this time.
Well, the castle i mentioned in my previous post was actually not a castle at all. It was more like a mansion. A mansion that is the Queen's home whenever she comes to visit Northern Ireland (which is part of the UK). This is also where the U.S. president's stay when they visit Ireland. Their guest book was open to the signatures of George W. Bush, and Hillary Clinton. Afterwards we walked through an art gallery and went to a children's toy store. It was a good day, an another story to tell.
Sunday we went to our friendship families house...where I learned to make SUSHI! I was scared that I wasn't going to like it, but making it was so much fun!! We made crab, smoked salmon, and a veggie role (just in case). It actually all ended up being delicious. We had Japanese soup, sushi, and a traditional japanese desert of stuffed tofu with rice-- (or something of the sort, I can't quite remember). I love learning new recipes and trying new things so this was definitely a highlight of the week.
Yesterday the two daughters of our friendship family, Sam and Chrisie, came and picked up a few of us and took us to an indoor rock climbing gym. It was a BLAST! I made it to the top of a few walls, and didn't succeed at others. It was challenging, and something I'd like to continue to do occasionally. That family has been such a blessing in my life!! Saying goodbye to them will be one of the hardest parts of leaving Ireland and coming home.
This week consists of lots of homework and lots of fun. We have some faculty from JBU coming to spend the week and we're meeting the president of the republic of Ireland, we're heading to Dublin, and doing lots more! Check back in a few days to hear what else is going on in our last few weeks here in Ireland. Blessing everyone! -AP
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That sounds wonderful Andra. It's always the people you meet when you travel who stay in your memory.
Post a Comment