Friday, October 24, 2008

Blessings...

so, i am extremely blessed.

I've taken time this week to pray somethings over, and I am blessed beyond all measure.

To be honest, these past few weeks I haven't been acting like myself, and I haven't been keeping my eyes focused on God.

This week i decided to focus on God and see what happened...

Wednesday, I went on a walk with my roommate to a nearby castle, and we talked about learning how to love God better, instead of JUST thinking about how much love he has for us. After the incredible talk, we sat and looked over Dundrum, and the ocean, (which is just beyond the bay and Murlough Island) then we spent some time rolling down some hills around the castle area afterward and landing in piles of crunchy leaves. We laughed incredibly hard and ate some ripe blackberries on our way back home that we picked ourselves. :) picture of my roommate and Me!!!



Now, as i mentioned in my last post, i've been homesick lately...So i've been praying that God opens up SOMETHING, whatever it was, that would block my view of home...Well friends, I will be spending Thanksgiving in Paris, under the Eiffel Tower with two girls on my team. The tickets were conveniently cheap, and I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Paris, so as you can imagine, i'm fairly excited. It definitely put a barrier between me and home, because i still have a trip to PARIS to plan first. To top it off, today i got an email from my mom, telling me an unexpected check from and event i worked this summer came in, it's actually just a few dollars more than my plane ticket to paris. God is such a provider.

I still have prayers on my heart about how the rest of this trip goes, mostly regarding my attitude towards it. But I am blessed to be here, (and blessed to realize it!) and I am blessed to have the internet to keep in touch with people back home, even though i take it for granted. And i'm blessed with the girls on this trip...they're amazing and have become such good friends.

God is good, and he's a God who answers prayers...(and he's a God who will do what it takes to get your attention...)

I've been blessed to have people like you who read my blog and pray for me...so thank you for blessing me. It doesn't go unnoticed.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Sweet girl! I will be praying for you. Having done a semester abroad myself, I can relate to some of those feelings. Keep your chin up, and keep your eyes focused on Jesus. I am so looking forward to seeing you this Spring! I would love to send you a little package. What are some things that you miss from home? What is your address?

Love you and praying for you! Liz

Anonymous said...

Andra, I'm so happy that you get to go to Paris. That is something wonderful to look forward to! I appreciate your attitude and your focus.