Saturday, October 18, 2008

My weekend...

So, it has been a busy busy time since we've been back from fall break...papers to write, midterms to study for, and lots to do.

We arrived back tuesday night..and wednesday had a huge research paper to do, which i successfully completed. Hopefully my prof. thinks so. Thursday, we headed to Belfast to watch Juno and the Paycock, an Irish play set in the 20's about the conflict. We went to the Belfast Opera house, which was beautiful, and noticed that West Side Story is showing this upcoming week, so a few of us are trying to get tickets to that. Friday was a pretty relaxing day, the team went to the department of education, but a few girls on the team were sick, and I was feeling pretty tired so I stayed behind to help them out, and we got some homework done, which was really nice. Well, that brings me to today...

Today we went to Castle Ward, they were putting on a pumpkin patch festival, and Scott and Tasha thought it would be fun for their kids to carve pumpkins while we toured the house. This house, was really awkward. The front half was classical style, and the back half was Gothic. Even the outside of the house was different on each side.


BACK: Gothic


Front: Classical

So, after the tour of the half house, Lydia and I went for a walk around the property. It was beautiful. Green grass, big lake, cows, sheep, overcast sky, beautiful weather. Typical Ireland :)...

Tomorrow we're off to church, and then to our friendship families. I have been blessed by the friendship family, which i suppose is the purpose of them. They asked us what kind of food we missed the most, and Jenny and I both reply instantly mexican. So this week we got an email asking us for our favorite recipes, and if we would be willing to cook for them if they picked up the ingredients. So tomorrow after church I'm making guacamole and enchiladas with Jenny! I'm actually really excited...minus the huge midterm monday I need to study for thats hanging over my head... haha but that's okay, because God is good, and calls us to relax sometimes...

This week has been a real 'home-sick' week. It's been over 3 months almost 4 since i've been home (minus the 10 days between trips) and it's getting kinda hard...but I got a package in the mail from my mom, and got a chance to call my grandparents to wish them a happy 60th anniversary, so those have been really good and God is really blessing me in my quiet times right now.

i'll leave you with my devotions from this morning. I hope they encourage you as they did to me today...

"Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you." Psalm 55:22 ---"when your own problems consume you, you give into fear- that you will fail or let others down. Fear will tempt you to focus on the size of your burden rather than the size of you GOD. When you focus on God instead, you will see him fighting by your side. This kind of faith in God is the only way to maintain joy and peace in spite of your circumstances. Give your burdens to God." -oct. 18

Blessings...-Andra

3 comments:

Libby R. said...

once you've uploaded your pictures, you'll see a link on the right side of the screen that says, "link to this album." click that, and then you'll see "embed slideshow" (if that's what you want on your blog, of course!). it'll give you a code, so just put that in a post on your blog...and there you go!

:)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you are feeling homesick. I'm sure it will come and go over the next few weeks. Hopefully being with your Ireland "family" and having Mexican food helped. I missed Mexican food when we were in Italy and that was only for 2 1/2 weeks!

Loren said...

"Eyes on Jesus, instead of the burdens" - pretty solid answer and advice for all of life - sure changes the view and perspective!

Praying for you.